2008-05-28

Converting AIFF to MP3

how do I go about converting an aiff file to mp3? I have audacity, but it doesnt want to work. I have an intel mac, neither the new or old versions of lamelib will work. any other quick programs i can use?

You can use iTunes. It has an excellent MP3 encoder.

thanks - how do i do this? the only option itunes gives me when i right-click on the file is 'convert to AIFF' - but it's already an AIFF!

EDIT: The menu is sensitive to your importing preferences - ie if you have importing set to AAC, it only lets you convert to AAC. I set my importing prefs. to MP3 and the menu changed! Not terribly obvious but easy when you know how...

n iTunes, hold down the 'option' key while clicking the 'Advanced' menu. The "Convert to MP3.." (Or AAC, depending on what your Import settings are) should be selectable now. Select that and you get the traditional window you use to select which files you'd like to convert.

Warning: The files will import with only the file name as seen in the finder. There will be no artist, album, etc. metadata transferred in the conversion.

This is what I do.

I import stuff of all types into iTunes, and changing the prefs everytime is a pain.

I created Automator plugins for importing into iTunes. One for Mp3,AAC,WAV,AIFF, and Lossless.

whenever I have a file that I want to import, I just right click it>automator, and select the type of method I want for importing. After it imports, I have it set to create a new playlist called, Mp3 imports, or Lossless imports ect..to keep the track I just imported seperated from the library for quick access.
works great.

(OK, I try it....but it not?? Why?)

沒有留言: